Travel Channel always comes up with great stuff for us to do. We found a great article with some great ideas on weekend adventure trips to take in the United States and where to stay. Of course, where you live will affect whether or not it is convenient for you, but if you are a frequent flier, the sky is the limit.
- From Miami to Key West, FL – If you have never been to Key West, pack your bags. This is a must sea. There are endless things to do along the coast getting there and you won’t want to miss taking your picture in front of the southern most point in the united states. The street performers in Mallory Square are top notch and so is the food.
- From New York City to the Catskill Mountains – Drive the Palisades Parkway and Taconic Parkway for great scenery. If you like shopping, you will find great finds at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets and keep going for charming little towns such as Poughkeepsie and Rhinebeck.
- From San Francisco to San Simeon, CA – The Pacific Coast Highway appears on road trip lists for very good reasons – namely the stunning views. Stop in Half Moon Bay for incredible beaches and whale watching, then stay overnight at the Ritz Carlton for outstanding views from the oceanside cliff.
- From Chicago to Lake Geneva, WI – Go north along Lake Michigan to Highland Park and go to the Ravinia Festival for outdoor concerts every summer. Don’t miss the handcrafted chocolate at Ethereal Confections in Woodstock and then cross the state line for a show at The Dancing Horses Theatre (horses really dance).
- From Austin to Fredericksburg, TX – Visit Lyndon B. Johnson’s hometown of Johnson City and Dripping Springs for Rolling In Thyme & Dough. Then hit the wine road and visit some of the zones of wineries in the area.
Visi TravelChannel.com for the complete list.