First you have to define what adventure is. Is it doing something that gives you an adrenaline rush? Or trying new things that take you outside of your comfort zone? Mens Journal has combed the United States and found a brave group of men and women who are pioneering their lives in a way that takes them into unchartered territory – at least for them. I might be tackling a new sport, redesigning an old one, using their artistic abilities and passion to inspire action or forging to change stereotypes. In all instances, these 18 adventurers and making a difference in the world – in their world.
- Alex Honnold – Free Solo Rock Climber. Not many of us live a life with the motto ” You fall you die”, but that is exactly what Alex does and what makes him stand out in a sport of extreme adventurers. Alex is the only one to have soloed big walls such as Half Dome, Moonlight Buttress and El Capitan.
- Jess Roskelley – An Alpinist who was the youngest person to climb Mount Everest at age 20. And, he only went on a whim!
- Justin Fornal – A Cultural Explorer or adventurer in search of weird and wild truths across the globe. He traveled 1,200 miles into the East African bush to learn more sbout the Buganda tribe and swam 100 niles around the Scottish Island to create one of the rarest whiskies in the world.
- Ian Walsh – A surfer. Not just any surfer. He defies the traditional image of a laid back, deadlock wearing surfer dude. Ian chases the biggest storms around the world to charge into 50 foot barrels.
- Felicity Aston – A Polar Explorer who is leading untraditional expedition to the Polar regions in homes of spreading awareness and passion. She challenges the idea of what an explorer looked like.
for the full list go to mensjournal.com